The Society of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians of Cameroon (SOGOC)in the achievement of its project’s objectives with the International Federation of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians on ADVOCACY for Comprehensive Abortion Care, is seeking the service of a qualified, experienced and highly motivated candidate for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. This is a FULLTIME position.
- Have a sound knowledge in plan of action, data management and analysis.
- Be a Cameroonian.
- Possess a solid computer knowledge and skills.
- Be a holder of atleast a bachelors degree in Statistics,social science or any other related subject
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Be resident or willing to take up residence in Yaounde.
- Possess ability to provide suggestions to solving problems.
- Professional experience is an added advantage.
- Responsible for collecting data for the monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Filling in M&E logs and sharing data with FIGO and KIT; ensuring high quality of data is collected regularly.
- Monitor media on SRH/abortion in national environment to share with PROJECT TEAM and FIGO Coordinator
- Work with project team and external consultancy to ensure that the project work plan includes monitoring activities, is up-to date and progress tracked.
- Make suggestions to FIGO and PROJECT TEAM to adapt tools and improve M&E processes.
- Identify, document lessons and share learnings with other societies in the project.
- Establish an approach of learning, adaptation and reflection – through regular communications, trainings and workshops.
- Work with FIGO M&E Coordinator and KIT to interpret and act on data findings; regular communications to update and respond to queries from FIGO.
- Work with the PROJECT MANAGER to liaise with governments and ministries of health to advocate for a central monitoring information system on abortion and integration of module on comprehensive abortion care in HMIS data.
- With ACO, develop messaging to convince key stakeholder of the importance of collecting country level data.
- Undertake training and capacity building as determined by line manager and
- Perform other duties assigned by line manager.
Interested applicants should send in their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 16 2021.